Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'm in LOVE!

I knew this would happen...  I've been dreaming about the new Bernina 710 ever since I saw a YouTube video about the 7 Series a few months ago.  The two sides of my brain have been arguing about it ever since.  "I want it - No, I don't need it - But I want it! - The one you have is fine - But the new one is amazing! - Yes, but it's too much money... "

I'm sure you get the picture.  And to make things even tougher, my hubby keeps telling me he'll buy it for me for Christmas if I want it.  How's that for a sweetheart!!!  He knows how much my sewing means to me, and he's SO good to me.  But I also know that I won't sleep at night if we spend that much money before the holidays.  So I'm sleeping on it till after the first of the year, and see how I feel then.

But in the meantime, I stopped at a Bernina dealer this week and "test drove" one.  That was a big mistake.  I never should have done it.  Now I REALLYYYYY want one!  It's the most amazing machine, and the biggest plus is the ginormous 10" of throat space on this baby!!!!
There are so many great features on this machine that I'm not even going to try to list them all.  Stop at your local shop and check it out for yourself.  Or you can see it here if you don't want to make the trip.

If anyone has any first-hand experience with this machine that might sway me one way or the other, I'd love to hear from you.



2 comments:

  1. I am laughing because once you try it out...and they know this, that you will be hooked. What fun to have this machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh ... it does look wonderful (if you're not looking at the price tag - 3,000 Euros here - which almost had me falling off my seat)!. Sounds like you have the perfect husband ... maybe you will make yourself feel more justified in buying it if you wait for the sales ...!!

    I keep holding off buying a new machine, but I think mine is on its way out after 27 years and I should probably start looking before it gives up the ghost.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!