Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Gifts

Warning - the following post contains pictures of Christmas gifts, so my family members should stop here - don't read any further unless you want to ruin the surprise at Christmas.  Proceed at your own risk.  :)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
OK - hopefully we've scrolled down far enough to not ruin the surprises for anyone.  So here we go...
-
-
-
-
I just finished making a couple of presents, and thought you might enjoy seeing them.  Remember the old "Memory" or "I Spy" card games we used to play as kids?  This is a fabric version.
I've made 2 sets - one for my grandson, and one for my granddaughter.  There are 25 pairs of matching squares in each (that's 100 squares total - I think I can make them in my sleep now!)  I made them using this tutorial from Cottage Mama.
Then I made a matching fabric box to store them in, using this tutorial from Pink Penguin, only I adjusted the size to fit my project.
The finishing touch was an extra square with the child's initial printed on one side, and the game rules printed on the other (thanks to Cottage Mama for providing the rules with the tutorial).  I printed them out on fabric from my computer, then cut them down to size and made them to match the other squares in the set.


All in all, I'm thrilled with how these turned out and can't wait to see the little ones playing with them.  And Christmas is creeping right up on me, so I'd better get back down to my Cotton Cellar and get to work!  Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

  1. ***LOVE*** that is so darn clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy two really great gifts! :) Makes me want to get on the floor and play with them :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!