Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tasting Table Tuesday - Inspiration

Like most of you, I have more fabric in my stash than I'll ever use.  I keep telling myself that I won't buy any more until I use up more of what I already have.  But lately, every time I go into my local quilt shop, this particular collection has been whispering in my ear.  "Buy me - Buy me!".  OK - so maybe it's been just a tad louder than a whisper...  Anyway, I've been promising myself that I would resist buying it until I had a project in mind...

On Saturday, I dropped in to deliver my latest handbag sample and Tracy said "by the way - I just got in some new books on Modern Quilting!".  (Bear in mind that Needles Quilt Shop primarily caters to the traditional quilters, but a few of us have been encouraging Tracy to start stocking some modern fabrics and patterns, so she has started ordering a little bit to see how it goes.  Yeah Tracy!)

Of course, I had to look...  and a look lead to a purchase...
The book I chose is called "Modern BABY - Easy, Fresh, and Fun Quilt Designs" and it's full of great ideas and inspiration.  But when I saw this zig zag chevron quilt in gray, black & white, I knew it was time to buy these fabrics!  The pattern is called "Daddy's Little Girl" by Melissa Cory.  I don't plan on making this exact quilt, but it certainly has inspired me enough to buy these fabrics and see what I can come up with.  Now maybe they'll quit yelling at me when I walk by, and I can shop in peace.
The fabrics are from the "Modern Shadows" collection by P&B, except for the floral one in the center - it's called "Shades of Black" by Me & My Sister Designs for Moda.

And just for smiles, my neighbor had some little visitors in her backyard.  Mama was close by keeping an eye on them.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!