Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Progress Report

This is the time of year that I'm grateful to be sewing in the basement - it's so much cooler down there!  We're in a heat wave here, so I've been down there most of the day, but I just came up for a cool drink (details of that next...) and thought I'd share my latest project with you.
I designed this baby quilt months ago on EQ, but set it aside while I worked on higher priority projects.  Today I was just in the mood to start something new, so that's exactly what I did.  My blocks are done, and I just have to cut my sashing and borders then put it all together.

The patchwork strips are leftover from the big custom order of Fabric Covered Journals that I did a few months ago.  I'm setting them in a background of white, but it's not quite solid.  It's a subtle tone-on-tone of snow white with a modern circle design printed on it.  I hope you can see the details in the next picture, but it's so hard to photograph white on white.
Now for the drink details...  I'm on a juice smoothie kick these days, and it's especially refreshing on a scorcher like today.  I threw together some frozen grapes (I keep a bag of these in the freezer), frozen mango, fresh pineapple, and a sprinkling of frozen chopped spinach.  Added some water, then blended it all up with my handy-dandy new Ninja Pulse.
DEE-LICIOUS!   Cold and super refreshing!
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt design! And yum on the smoothie! My basement is cool, but not finished and on the damp side. Oh, well. We're having central air put in on the 27th of the month - yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is just gorgeous malorgeous!! Would love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!