Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tasting Table Tuesday - old is new

It's been a busy, productive week in the Cotton Cellar.  I finished piecing the top and the back of my grandson's quilt, and dropped it off at the longarm quilter this morning.  I enjoy quilting my own quilts on my domestic machine, but not when they're this big.  It's so nice to have a good relationship with a local longarmer for large quilts like this.

I also finished a custom purse order this week, so now I decided to work on a fun project for a bit.  I started this quilt ages ago when I took a class from Carol Taylor, called Sensuous Lines and Curves.  The project used these blocks around the border of the quilt, and there was a center panel covered with couched yarns and fibers.  The center panel wasn't my "thing", but I loved the skinny curves of the border blocks.  So I decided to make more blocks and make an entire quilt out of them, and skip the couched center.  Artistic freedom, right?
Just a few more blocks to go, then I plan on trying out a new Quilt As You Go technique that I've been reading about.  I'll share more about that as it progresses...

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!