Sunday, February 10, 2013

Penny Candy Quilt

I finally finished one of the projects I started at retreat a few weeks ago, and took advantage of the bright weather today to take some pictures and write up my Etsy listing.  I'm really thrilled with how this small quilt turned out, and part of me will be sad when it sells and I have to ship it away to a new home.  But I have to pay for my fabric obsession somehow, so that's just the way it is...

I made this using two of the charm packs I won from Andover a couple of months ago - Lucky Penny - so I've called the quilt "Penny Candy" - because that's what the fabrics remind me of - candy!  A piece in every color and print you can imagine...
The gray chevrons are Kona Medium Gray.

The colored chevrons are quilted with mocha thread, and I used white and a single row of red in the gray chevrons.
The backing is from Lotta Jansdotter's Echo collection and is one of my favorites.  The binding is Moda's Bella Solid in Tomato Soup Red.
"Penny Candy" is for sale in my Etsy shop - here.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Comments from my readers make me smile!