I finished piecing the top yesterday, and this morning got the backing fabric seamed up - now it's all pressed and ready to go to the Longarm Quilter. I used batik fabrics. They're my favorite for T-Shirt quilts because they really give the quilt an "artsy", designer look. I like to frame each of the shirt panels in fabric to give them some extra stability besides the interfacing underneath. It's also an attractive way to bring all the blocks up to the same size so the quilt goes together easier.
My customer loves the fabrics I chose for this quilt, because the framing fabric looks like leather and reminds her of a leather catcher's mit, the cornerstones have a woodgrain pattern which reminds her of a wooden ball bat, and the sashing fabric looks like a forest floor - woodsy colored berries, twigs, etc. Since her son also loves the outdoors, this seemed perfect.