Monday, March 12, 2012

No Sewing Weekend

Warning - If you're looking for a sewing related post today, you might be disappointed. I realized that in my excitement to share all my projects with you since starting this blog, I haven't told you much about the non-sewing part of my life.
For those of you who don't know me "in person", my husband and I were blessed with two wonderful grandchildren in 2011. A girl first, then a boy four months later. As much as I love my sewing, I have to admit - these babies certainly take center stage!

So this past weekend, my hubby and I took a break from our daily routine and went to visit our grand-daughter and her parents. This little cutie is a year old now (already!) and we enjoyed her immensely. We played games, sang songs, and even had breakfast together this morning while her mommy & daddy were still sleeping. It was so hard to leave, but I'm sure we'll visit again soon. We arrived on Saturday, and on Sunday, the men babysat while my daughter and I went out for the afternoon. Can you guess where we went???


If you guessed Radio City Music Hall in NYC, you're right! We saw Celtic Woman's new show called "Believe" and it was awesome. The music, the dancing, the lighting - you name it - everything was just fantastic!

It was my first trip ever to "the city" and we had the best time! My SIL kindly arranged for a driver to take us so we wouldn't have to deal with the stress of city traffic. Our driver was a great tour guide and showed us the sights on the way in.

We saw these cabs all over the city - this one was painted up like a gigantic quilt, and others were painted like they were knitted. I guess they are advertising a new TV program, "Interior Therapy". Being a quilter, I just had to snap a picture of this one as it drove by us.


He drove us past the new Freedom Tower. It made me stop and remember where I was on that fateful Sept. 11... I, like so many others, will never forget that day. (excuse the glare - I was snapping pics through the car window.)

After our driver dropped us off, we had a couple of hours before the show, so we wandered towards Central Park. The weather was perfect - sunny and almost 60 degrees. This arch was near the entrance to the zoo, and I just liked the way it framed the view. (Might make a nice quilt design???)


Next on the agenda - a trip to Florida to visit our grandson and his parents in April, so I'll do another "personal picture post" after that trip too.

Hope you enjoyed the show! Good night all...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pics and post about your trip. Looks like you had a good time. It is always interesting to hear about the non sewing side of a blogger's life.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!