Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Last weekend, my friend Madalene nominated my blog for the Liebster Blog Award. Madalene is an accomplished art quilter who does amazing work, often using her own hand-dyed fabrics. Stop by her blog Working Wall and take a look at what she's working on - you're sure to be inspired! Thanks for nominating my blog for this award, Madalene!

The Leibster award is given by bloggers to exceptional blogs with fewer than 200 followers. For those who decide to accept the award, the Liebster Rules are:


  1. Post about your win on your blog.

  2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.

  3. Copy and paste the award to your blog.

  4. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.

  5. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here are my choices of blogs that deserve recognition:


Handmade by Fiona Fiona makes beautiful bags and purses, and we often compare tips and ideas with each other about the patterns we're using. She's also an excellent crocheter (although modest, because she calls herself a beginner, but you'll see that she does gorgeous work if you check out her blog). And her photography skills are amazing as well.


Jean Creates I've just gotten to know Jean since I started blogging recently, and I'm really enjoying her company. She has recently made a long-distance move and it's very interesting to read about how she's adjusting to her new surroundings. She blogs about quilting, book reviews, and even some great recipes. Stop in and say hi to Jean!


One Minnesota Quilter I was attracted to Judy's blog when I saw her header picture - it's a gorgeous heap of fabric yo-yo's in lots of wonderful colors. Sure took my eye! Judy is a very interesting person who sees possibilities for quilt designs in things we all take for granted every day. Check out her "Window Seat" post to see what I mean!


All Decked Out Pat has a great writing style and I always enjoy reading her posts. And we're both grandmothers - what better reason than that to be blogging friends!


Magpie Quilts I just recently discovered Ann's blog and I really like what I see so far. She is currently working on a series of posts called "How To Buy A Quilt". It's very informative, and a great source of information for people that are unfamiliar with the whole quilting process.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I have been following your blog for a while now and find it very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award! Concerning my nomination, it wasn't something I expected - so I feel very honored. Thank you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award! When I get back from my trip, I'll pay it forward! Hope you're enjoying spring like weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award and thanks for nominating me! I've posted my nominations here: http://www.magpiequilts.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!