Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tasting Table Tuesday - Two Finished Quilts and a Challenge

The two memorial quilts are finished.

Labeled and bound and ready for delivery.

It was an honor to work on these special quilts, and I'm sure the recipients will find great comfort when they snuggle up in them.



Coming up next is a quilt I made for a challenge at my LQS.

Tracy, at Needles, challenged her customers to make a project featuring this fabric from the Luna Lounge collection from Andover.


Here is a portion of my quilt.

The challenge fabric appeared to be all neutrals, but when I paired it with a soft green and lavender, it seemed to take on those green and lavender hues - almost a chameleon effect.

My design consists of Ohio Star blocks, curved piecing in the sashing, and hourglass-in-a-square cornerstones.

I quilted it with soft, flowing curved lines from side to side, like waves.

This quilt, along with the other entries, are on display at Needles Quilt Shop in Wellsboro PA.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!