Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Kaffe Fassett Quilt for Dad

I am pretty confident that my dad doesn't read my blog, so I hope I'm safe in sharing this with you, because it's his Christmas gift.  Shhhh!  Don't tell!

I don't often use patterns for my quilts, but when I saw this one, I knew it was just what I was looking for.  I wanted to make a quilt for dad that was colorful, yet masculine.  This is it.


I really liked the modern simplicity of the design, and that blue Kaffe Fasset Roman Glass fabric was just perfect.  It is getting hard to find, but I tracked some down at Hancocks of Paducah and promptly ordered it.

I didn't want to pair it with white, so I found this gorgeous silvery gray fabric at my LQS.  It is from the Moodshadow collection from Andover.

I was already planning on quilting this with gentle wavy lines from side to side across the width of the quilt, and the lines in the gray print gave me something to follow.  So easy!
I stitched-in-the-ditch at each seam, and quilted straight lines across the blue bands.




The backing fabric is a simple cream and tan mottled wide-back, and I used more of the gray for the binding.

Now it's time to start preparing for Thanksgiving and a Grandkids Play Day here on Friday!  Woo Hoo!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Its simplicity made it stands out! I like the color very much, so cachy. I hope he liked it too,

    Buy Haberdashery Online

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!