Friday, July 13, 2012

Ta Da! Over the hump!

I've FINALLY finished tearing all the foundation paper away on my Haberdashery quilt!  Whew...  Good thing I had XM Radio to keep me company for all those hours and hours.  I've selected my outer border fabric, so that's next.  But hubby and I are headed out for a few days of R&R and a quick visit with my parents on our way back, so it will be another week or so before I get the borders sewn on.  Then the question is - How to Quilt It???  But that's another day's problem...  For now I'm just thrilled to pieces that all the paper is gone!  But not so thrilled at the mess on my sewing room floor - my vacuum cleaner is going to get a work-out tomorrow!

In my spare time, I've started going through my "stuff".  You know, all that extra junk that takes up valuable space in a small house.  I don't know if it's my age, or what, but I've reached a stage in my life where I just want to simplify and de-clutter.  My daughter is coming next week and we're planning a Mother/Daughter Yard Sale on Saturday July 28th.  It was her idea, and I welcomed the opportunity to to a little de-cluttering of my own.  So if you're in the Wellsboro area, mark the date on your calendar and stop in and say hi!

1 comment:

  1. I went through that stage... still going through it. It's a good feeling to unload the "stuff"

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!