Friday, June 29, 2012

Assembly has begun!

Is it hot where you live?  I'm sure glad I got to help out at the quilt shop today - it's air conditioned, and my house is not!  Mid 90's and humid here in northern PA today, and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter.  Back to Needles tomorrow for more cool air!

Somehow, in the midst of all the visits and celebrations of the past week, I've managed to get a good start on my "Haberdashery" quilt that I mentioned in my last post.  Everything except the red sashing fabric is made from re-purposed men's clothes.  Each block is made using 4 different ties, and the grey & cream diagonals are made from men's trousers.  Even the cornerstones are fussy-cut from a shirt.  The blocks are all foundation pieced using a pattern called Eagle's Wings by Laundry Basket Quilts only I've added sashing and cornerstones to mine.  Now I just have to remove all the paper from the back of the blocks - ugggg..... then decide on a border fabric...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt top, Kathy! I don't envy you the job of removing all that paper though...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic pattern to use for those particular repurposed fabrics. It is very beautiful. I have that pattern but would not have thought of using it that way. Wonderful idea and great quilt, Kathy!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!