Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tasting Table Tuesday

It's a beautiful fall day here in Pennsylvania.  I've watched this vine on one of our maple trees gradually turn from green to this magnificent red.  I can see these colors becoming the inspiration for a quilt, can't you?  (I once learned of a website that would generate a custom color palette from your photograph, but I don't remember the name of it.  Can anyone refresh my memory???)
Speaking of leaves, the first Family Ties quilt came back from the long arm quilter yesterday, and I really like this leaf design she quilted on it.  It softens up all the straight lines in the design of this quilt.
Now I'm ready to start working on the binding.  I plan on making a scrappy binding out of the tie fabrics.  We'll see how it goes...

I should head into my Cotton Cellar right now and get started, but I've got a pot of soup simmering and leaves that are begging to be raked.  Can't pass up this sunshine, so I'll sew tonight instead.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Please be careful, I do believe that is poison ivy growing up your tree. If I remember correctly, Vickie Welsh had done a photo analysis awhile back. If it wasn't Vickie, perhaps she'll have an idea of how to go about it. Love the finished quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!