Sunday, September 9, 2012

Another New Project

I've had this Zip Pocket Pouch pattern for quite a while now, but had yet to try it.  It's another one of KeykaLou's Patterns (Michelle's Patterns).  The pattern includes 3 sizes and this is the medium.  It's about 4" x 6" and includes a zippered pocket for cash, credit cards, or anything else you want to store securely, plus a slip pocket that's the perfect size for a cell phone.  (I don't have an iPhone, but made a cardboard mockup that's the same size as an actual iPhone so you can see how it fits).  There's plenty of room, so I'm pretty sure this would also work for some of the larger phones.  The top folds down and the whole thing stays securely closed with a velcro flap, so there's no chance of loosing anything.  I really like this pattern and will probably make some to go along with the laptop sleeves I showed you earlier this week.  I'll post the details here when I have some ready to list in my Etsy shop.



Fabrics are from Joel Dewberry's Aviary2 collection - Lodge Lattice & Damask.

5 comments:

  1. That is just wonderful.....is it a clutch or do you have a way to hang it on your wrist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Love the idea and of course your sewing is always top notch!

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's another great pattern. I made one up earlier this year and have to say - it needs the wrist strap to be really useful and I've noted that on my pattern to make sure I don't leave it out next time round. Love the Joel Dewberry fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is the 2nd comment to mention a wrist strap - I'll have to consider that next time!

      Delete
  4. I love this design, Kathy. And a wrist strap would be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!