If you're reading this Jean(ie), this one's for you! Enjoy!
Grilled Lemon Salmon
2 tsp. fresh dill or 3/4 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
3 tbsp. chicken broth
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. soy sauce
3 tbsp. green onion, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon peel
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small lemon, thinly sliced
2 onion slices, break into rings
- Sprinkle dill, salt, pepper over salmon.
- Place into large ziploc bag or glass container
- Combine brown sugar, broth, oil, soy sauce, green onions, lemon juice, lemon peel and garlic.
- Pour over salmon.
- Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinate.
- Prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-hot.
- Oil grill.
- Place salmon skin side down onto grill.
- Arrange lemon and onion slices on top.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Can also be baked in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
I have to admit that I seldom make this recipe exactly as written. I make substitutions for whatever I don't have on hand at the time, but it's always good!