Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tasting Table Tuesday - Elephant Quilt

Last week I received a special request for an Elephant Quilt for a baby boy's bedroom wall.  Together, we picked this pattern.  Cirque d'Elephant by Sew Much Ado.  The pattern was an instant download after purchase from her Etsy shop.  So easy and quick!

The nursery colors are aqua, celery green and gray.  I found a great selection of fabrics at Shores Quilt Stop in Towanda PA and was able to buy everything I needed in one place.  It's about an hours drive from here along scenic Route 6 - a good excuse to go for a drive.

I used Sharon Schamber's Raw Edge Applique technique to make all the elephant blocks, using spray starch, freezer paper, Liquid Stitch glue, and blanket stitch.  I've used this method before, find it works really well for me, and it has become my preferred method of applique.


I hope to have more pictures to share soon.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!