Monday, July 21, 2014

Back to Reality

No sewing these days, because we just returned from our first-ever beach vacation!  We did a family vacation this year, and with two 3-year-old grandchildren, the beach was an ideal destination.  We rented this lovely home in Ocean Isle Beach, NC.  It was perfect!

I took lots of pictures, of course, but with all the blowing sand and salt air, the lens on my camera has frozen up and stuck shut.  Fortunately I was able to view my pictures and download them onto my computer, but I can't take any more.  Guess I'll just have to start shopping for a new one.  :)

I've been using a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H55 Pocket Camera, and have been very happy with it, but I'd like to step up to a DSLR if I can find one that's not overly expensive, so if anyone has any suggestions of what to shop for, I'd love to hear about it!  What camera do you use?

Since I don't have any sewing projects to share with you today, here are some of my favorite vacation pictures instead.



 








Now I need to spend some time at my sewing machine this week and get some work done!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. We vacation at OIB too, and my sister has a house there. Wonderful place for a family vacation. So glad you had a nice getaway! Did any of the turtle nests hatch when you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you got to spend time with grandchildren at the beach! A photographer friend of mine has an Olympus Tough camera and recommends it highly. I believe it's labeled TG something.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!