Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tasting Table Tuesday

Although the Family Ties quilt is officially finished, it poured rain today so I've been unable to take it outside for a photo shoot.  But the weather looks good for the rest of the week so I'll try and post some finished pictures in a couple of days.

But just to tide you over, here's a few shots I took during the binding stage...  First I cut TONS of strips for the scrappy binding (after fusing interfacing to the back of all the ties).  I like to trim the ends to a 45 degree angle and chop off that little "dog ear" before I sew my strips together.  I just find the strips go together so much easier that way.

A roll of finished binding long enough to go around one quilt...

Stitching the binding to the top of the quilt...

Then I machine-stitched-in-the-ditch from the front to finish the binding.  I'm SO glad I decided to go with the scrappy binding on this one.  Wait till you see the finished pictures and see how it completes the quilt!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that scrappy tie binding is going to look wonderful! I can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!