Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tasting Table Tuesday - 10 Minute Blocks

I saw a quick demo of this block at last month's meeting of the Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild and just had to give it a try before I forgot how to do it.  You need 5 squares (any size as long as they're all the same size), and with only THREE SEAMS you have a completed block in about 10 minutes!  I'm using another pack of the charm squares I won from Andover (I think it's the French Twist collection) and the center squares are silver and gold striped silk from my stash.
The center square ends up folded along the bias edges and they can either be top-stitched down to secure the diagonal edges, or you can roll them back like a cathedral window block and top-stitch them, which is what I plan on doing - like this one that I've pinned...  still needs to be top-stitched.
Fun, fast & easy!  Here's a link to a demo by Suzanne McNeill if you want to learn how to do this.

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love this! How clever! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love Suzanne McNeill's 10 Minute Block. The happy method for over 40 of my QOV quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!