Tuesday, November 29, 2011

High Chair Cushion

This was a fun project! Now that I have grandchildren, I decided that Gramie needs to have a high chair for them. I found this Antilop Highchair from IKEA, which is both cute and affordable ($19.99 + $5 for the tray) and just happened across this tutorial for a cushion designed specifically for this chair. Perfect! The tutorial is a little difficult to follow because it's been translated into English from some other language, but there are enough pictures that I was able to figure it out without much trouble. If you do any sewing at all, you shouldn't have any problems either. My granddaughter was here yesterday to visit, and got to try it out. We all loved it (although she kept reaching for the bugs on the cushion instead of eating, so her mom got a little frustrated trying to get the spoon in her mouth instead of her ear...)

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that!? Great cushion...=) I bought a high chair about 8 years ago. It was a nice one matched my kitchen furniture/cabinets. Then, a job took the kids that had the grandbabies to another state. =( But, we do bring it out when they visit a couple times a year.

    HugZ from one grandie to another!
    annie m.
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!