Thursday, February 8, 2018

A Stitch In Color - a new quilt!

I have a new quilt project to share with you today.  I spent a snowy afternoon yesterday arranging all the units on my design wall.  Looks like my design wall is just the right size for this one!


My DIL sent me a jelly roll that she bought, and asked me to make her something with it.  Together, we picked out the pattern, and after auditioning several background fabrics, finally decided on Kona White.  It keeps the quilt very fresh and modern-looking.


The fabric collection is A Stitch In Color by Malka Dubrawsky for Moda.

The pattern is Hexie Framed by Quilty Love.

I sewed all the white strips on to the half hexies at a quilting retreat a couple of weeks ago.  Each piece had to be sewn, pressed, then trimmed.  It's very repetitious - perfect for working on at a retreat while talking and laughing with friends.  Yes, I whined a little, but it was so satisfying to know that I got them all done!


Now they are all stacked in rows and ready to sew together.  Guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few days.  (I write numbers on flower head pins with a sharpie to keep track of my rows.)


And as an add-on, for those of you following my placemat progress, I shared pics of upcoming fabric collections in a previous post (here) and I have finished both sets and have listed them in my Etsy Shop, Cotton Cellar.  You can click here to view the listings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!