Sunday, March 18, 2018

OBW - progress update

It's taking me some time, but I'm slowly getting there.  The quilting on my One Block Wonder is progressing nicely, and I'm really happy with how this is looking.

Here's a shot of a small portion of the front...


and here's the back.


For batting in this quilt, I'm using Quilters Dream Green for the first time.  So far, I'm really impressed!  It feels wonderful and quilts great!  I'm a cotton lover, and typically use Quilters Dream Cotton in all my quilts, but since I quilt on a sit-down machine, I wrestle the quilt around ALOT and the cotton tends to shed on the quilt top, leaving fuzzies all over.  That's not really a problem, because I can clean them up with a lint-roller, but this Green batting doesn't seem to shed at all.  I really think I'm going to like this stuff!  And the fact that it's made from recycled plastic bottles is wonderful too - less trash in our landfills and oceans!  Win Win!

If you'd like to learn more about Quilters Dream Batting, click here.

Now I have to set this quilt aside for a bit while we go visit our grandson and soak up some southern sunshine for a week.  I'll post lots of pictures when it's done, probably mid-April, so be sure to check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!