Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tasting Table Tuesday - Stripping

I have several quilt projects coming up that all involve 1 1/2" wide strips, and they are all scrappy quilts.  So I am in the process of cutting and sorting by color.  These little baskets I found at Dollar General are just perfect for storing these strips.  And at 3 for a dollar, you can't beat the price! 

Last week, I went on a little outing with some quilting friends and we visited a new quilt shop in the area.  Perry's Patches & Quilting is in Sylvania, near Troy PA.  Laura is a sweet, friendly person, and we had the best time visiting with her in her new little shop.  She is working on a building to house her new business, but in the meantime she has converted her basement into a warm and cozy little quilt shop.  Her hours are limited at the present time, so check before you go.  She has a very nice collection of fabric and top-notch customer service.  Here are some "must-have" additions to my collection of gray fabrics that I simply couldn't leave behind.
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Love those fabrics! And did you know there is also a Penny's Patches in Troy (right in the main part of town on Route 6)? I don't know if she has fabric, but I know she's a longarmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your strips all neatly laid in their baskets organized by color just makes me want to cut up and organize! Love the gray fabrics you've picked up, particularly that top one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!