Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I Learned Something New!

My Compass Rose Block.

I was so fortunate to be able to go to MQX East a couple of weeks ago, and take a Judy Niemeyer Paper Piecing class from Jackie Kunkel of Canton Village Quilt Works.

I tried paper-piecing several years ago, and only remember that it was so confusing, with constantly having to flip it over from front to back, always checking to see if my fabric would cover that space properly.  The whole process seemed awkward, kind of like backing up a car and only using the mirrors - having to reverse everything in your mind.
Well, this method eliminates the flipping.  For my mind, it's perfect.
If you ever get the chance to take one of these classes, it's worth it - trust me!

All my other classes were lectures.  It's amazing how inspiring and motivating these conventions can be.  I came home with my mind overloaded with ideas.  Now I just need to make the time to try them all!

Of course, the quilt show was amazing too.  So many wonderful quilts.

And the retail therapy didn't hurt either :)
I bought tools, thread, and MORE fabric...  More on that next time.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I sit down to paper piece (which isnt too often) I have to take a few minutes and think it thru. It's not for everyone but I do like the precision. Your compass rose block is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!