Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tasting Table Tuesday - New Machine!

The Pennsylvania Mountains Baby Quilt is now completely finished and will be traveling to it's new home in the next few days.
Then I took a day and quilted this one as a favor for a friend.  She pieced the top and asked me to quilt it in an all-over meander, so that's now finished as well.
As I quilted these two quilts, I reminisced about the last 5 years I've had with this machine...
and made the decision to upgrade to this...

My old one was the Juki TL-98Q, and now I'm upgrading to the new, improved Juki TL-2010Q.  It's basically the same machine, but they've added some new features that I'm really excited about, including:
  • a built-in speed control (replaces the black box you see in the picture of my old machine, which is a home-made speed controller my husband made from Radio Shack components).
  • a secondary tension device, which I'm hoping will really help with the thread breaks I deal with from time to time.
  • new improved LED lighting (my over-50 eyes love this one!  yippee!!!)
  • easier access to the bobbin area.

This new machine is due to arrive today sometime, and I can't wait to get some time on it to see how it runs.
And I already have someone in line to buy my old one, so it's a win-win situation for us both!

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Have fun with your new machine, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make my wife a quilting frame for her new juki 2010q and would like to have the speed control at her hands since she will be moving the whole machine around to quilt. I see the note that you husband made a box for your juki 98. I was wondering if he knew how to do the same for the juki 2010q. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!