Sunday, April 14, 2013

More City Bags, and a plea for help!

Seems like I haven't had much time to sew lately, and it feels like it took ages to get these finished, but they're finally done.  And worth the wait!  I'm sure you can tell how much I'm lovin' this scaled-down version of the City Bag pattern by You Sew Girl! since I've made six of them in the last few weeks.
The brown and green one in the back was a custom order and it's gone already, but the other two will be listed in my Etsy shop tomorrow.
I really like the chocolate brown faux leather I've used on these, but I just bought some in black and I can't wait to see how that looks in the next batch of bags.  I've been searching for some of this faux leather in bright colors, but haven't had any luck finding it yet.  I know it exists, because I see it in store-bought bags, so I'm still looking.  All I've found in brights is a heavier vinyl - too heavy for my liking.  I like the weight of this faux leather because it's not too bulky and it's easy to sew, so I'll just have to keep looking.
If you've seen it anywhere, please let me know!  I'll be forever thankful!!!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, those bags are cute! I'll look around. Will let you know what I find.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!